Help a child reach his or her full potential.
The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) gives businesses the opportunity to invest in tomorrow’s workforce. Companies who donate through the EITC contribute to the academic success of students and earn a substantial tax credit in the process.
EITC donations for students in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia go through BLOCS (Business Leadership Organized for Catholic Schools), the official Archdiocesan scholarship organization. 100% of BLOCS donations provide tuition assistance for our students.
What is the Educational Improvement Tax Credit?
- The EITC was established in 2001 to provide businesses with a tax credit for their donations to nonprofit scholarship or education improvement organizations.
- A one-time donation can earn your business a 75% tax credit, while a two-year commitment results in a 90% tax credit.
- Your business can receive up to $200,000 in tax credits annually.
Who utilizes the EITC?
Over 2,000 companies have benefited from the EITC. Although several large companies participate, most EITC contributors are small businesses, donating smaller sums of money:
- 12% of participating companies have given $100,000 or more.
- 57% have given $10,000 or less.
Who qualifies for the EITC?
To qualify for the EITC, your business must pay one of the following Pennsylvania state taxes:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock and Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax
In addition to the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve helped to make a genuine difference for area students and families, making an EITC-eligible contribution to BLOCS and the schools of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia offers the following advantages:
- Charitable donations reduce the amount of taxable income; tax credits reduce your tax bill dollar for dollar.
- Giving students the chance to experience a high-quality education benefits not only the scholarship recipient, but the donating company as well – an investment in our students is an investment in tomorrow’s workforce.
- Minimal cost for major impact.
- Helps build community good will.
For more information, please contact Christina Haciski, Director of Advancement at 215-923-7522 or email@example.com.